Thursday, July 16, 2015

Impromptu Vacation

I wouldn't really say that I am a rigid or inflexible person.  I just like to know what's coming.  I have my routines.  I am not a very spontaneous person.  Which is why last Wednesday when my husband texted me and said "Want to go to Florida today?"  I freaked out.  How would I go to the gym?  How would I eat healthy?  When would I work on my blog and TpT store?  When would I clean the house?  It was dirty and needed cleaned.  These are obviously important questions, right?!  Not really.  It's summer.  What was I doing that would prevent me from taking an impromptu vacation to Florida?  Why not slow down and take a break?  I was so nervous about leaving all of a sudden, but within the hour, I had packed up a suitcase with shaking hands, packed a cooler, left my house a mess, and we were off!  Who does things like this?  Just up and goes?  I kind of felt like a famous person who would just fly off in a private jet for the night or something!



Our drive was about 8 hours Wednesday.  We like to stop in Atlanta because that's the halfway point. We got to our hotel late and hit the hay.  Thursday we were up at 5:00 am and on the road.  We made it to Florida by 1:00 pm, just in time for a dip in the pool and a bite to eat.  We go to Florida often.  In fact, I have been visiting Florida for about 15 years.  Most years I go twice but some years it's just once.  Typically when we go, we have at least a full week, if not two weeks.  This time, however, we had decided that we would only stay just short of a week, so we had a lot to do to get in all of our favorites...restaurants, shops, dessert places, etc...





We slept in on Friday because we were so tired from all of the driving and rushing around, but we made it to the pool for a few hours.  The pool is so relaxing down there.  My parents have a winter home in Florida and they have a pool in their community.  Half the time the pool is empty, esp. during the summer months.  All the snow birds leave so it's like having a private pool.  The water is always 80+ degrees.  It's bliss!



We were able to hit up 5 of our favorite restaurants and all of my favorite shops while in Florida.






I am so thankful that my husband convinced me to take this impromptu trip; it was much needed, as I've been working, working, working all summer for school, my blog, and TpT store.  This trip forced me to get away and not worry about any of the above.  It's also been a RAINY MESS in Ohio the entire summer.  I have only been able to go to a pool one time due to cool temps, rain, and gray skies.




We are back now, and it's CRUNCH TIME!!!!!!!!  I only have about 3 weeks left and school starts! Yikes!

Have a great weekend.
xo
Megan            

7 comments:

Erika said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh man! That looks like it was SO fun! Our impromptu trips are almost always my favorite! Yay for husbands who know we need a break. :) 8 more days until mine is back home. Wahoo!

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How awesome! I remember a few years ago, my husband surprised me and we drove to Greenville, SC for the weekend. It was so cool! :)

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

learningmyself said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sounds so fun! bravo to your husband!!! Now you;ll be relaxed and ready for..well, you know! :)

Kelly McFarland said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awwww what fun! I had to laugh when I read your first paragraph because I'm the exact same way! I'm so glad that you took the trip and took time to just relax! Wahoo!

Kelly
Lattes and Lunchrooms

kgnteachmb said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad you enjoyed your trip down here! I am proud to be a native Floridian! 😍. We have camped our way to the Gulf and back this summer.

Em Hutchison said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so glad you had fun!!! It sounds like a relaxing time!! We leave in the morning...no computer...no agenda. Just time together!! I am so excited to relax!
Em

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hooray! That's what summer is all about! Looks like the perfect trip!
Happy bloggy birthday week,
Katie
I Want to be a Super Teacher

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!