Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vegas, Baby!

My hubby and I just returned from our week-long trip to Vegas!  He is a financial advisor and has his convention out there every summer.  Score!  What a fab place for convention!  I love Vegas!  So much to do and see.  This was my third time out there and just as expected, I saw things I'd never seen before.  I had previously been there two times in December, so summer was a treat!  112 degree temps, amazing pools, and yummy {but expensive} poolside beverages!  What more could you ask for?


We arrived in the evening on Tuesday so we didn't do much that night other than unpack and eat.  On Wednesday, hubby treated me to a spa treatment so I got to relax in the spa and get a facial while he went to workshops.  Afterwards, I had a pool day all to myself!  I spent 5 hours at the pool, slathering on the sunscreen, reading, and drinking. It was......amazing.


On Thursday, we got all fancy and went to a gala/awards ceremony.  Hubby's convention had 25k people there, so the gala lasted a lonnngggg time!  It was awesome though!



Friday was an all-day conference followed by dinner and people-watching. Seriously, I love to people watch.  I feel like a stalker sometimes, but dang, it's fun!  Vegas is THE BEST spot to people watch.  You really do see "all types."  I love seeing the street performers.  Some of them are awesome, but then others are just random!  You never know when you'll run into Pete Rose or a levitated man....




On Saturday, my in-laws popped over from Orange County.  We only get to see them once every other year so it was great to be able to spend some time with them!  We gambled, ate, and ate some more!  On Saturday night we went to see.......wait for it......CELINE!  Yeah, she was all that in the 90's and our generation doesn't really listen to her much these days but she can SING!  Her show was awesome.  My hubby and I were cracking up that we knew all the words to almost all of the songs.   Our seats were so close!  I recommend this show to anyone visiting Vegas!

 

On Sunday, we went to In n Out {our fave!} for lunch and then hit up the Titanic exhibit {keeping with the Celine theme}.  It was awesome.  Sad?  Yes.  Somber?  Yes.  But awesome.  For those of you that have been to O'ahu, it was much like Pearl Harbor...very quiet and eerie.  I also highly recommend this exhibit in Vegas.



On Monday, my husband woke me up complaining of a migraine so that put a damper on our day.  His parents headed back and I went to the pool while he slept off his headache.  No complaining on my part! Monday night he was feeling better so we decided to get tickets to see Zumanity at our hotel.  It's the 10 year anniversary so we got a sweet hookup on the price.  Also, NeNe Leakes was guest-hosting for the week!  I am a Real Housewives fanatic so I of course was super-excited to see her!  For those who do not know, Zumanity is an adult {VERY ADULT} cirque show.  Raunchy and racy and funny!  So halfway through the show, my husband {who is very tall} gets picked out of the crowd to go on stage with NeNe!  I was screaming so loudly!  He stayed on stage for a "special" scene that is too inappropriate to write about here...just think "adult" and "group activity..."  It was hilarious!  Below is a picture of him on stage before he debuted in his scene!



We saved our big shopping for the last day, which was Tuesday.  We hit up the Fashion Show Mall, The Miracle Mile Mall, and walked through the Venetian.  The temptation is there to spend sooo much in Vegas! The shopping is amazing.  We got to see Carlos' Bake Shop.  The line was long and we were tired of eating crap all week so we passed on a treat from there.



Although neither of us won real big, we had a blast and will go back again next year for his convention. Have you been to Vegas?  What's your favorite part?




xo
Megan

PS-Do you think I packed enough shoes?



3 comments:

Amy B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love love love VEGAS! Blackjack and free drinks are my fave! Also got married there!! 💜

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Holy heck woman, I'm only bringing like 3 pairs when I go haha!

Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Literacy Without Worksheets said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You can never have enough shoes for Vegas :) I was there in March and there was a cold front...we ended up having to wear sweatshirts and tennis shoes everywhere! We would have frozen in our "cute" clothes. However, I noticed that for most people in Vegas, fashion trumps warmth :) PS I think we ate at the same In -N- Out Burger!

Bridget
Literacy Without Worksheets

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!