Sunday, May 25, 2014

Top 10 Summer List


Happy Sunday!  I am linking up with Deanna for the top 10 things I want to do this summer!  What a fun linky!

Anyone that is close to me knows that I am a workaholic.  I don't know why.  I've always had a complex that people might perceive me as lazy if I am not constantly working.  I always get anxious this time of year because I am literally always working and I worry that it will be hard for me not to spend my summer doing that.  Relaxation is not in my vocab.  Unless I am far away from home, without a computer or cleaning supplies in front of me.  Nonetheless, I'm going to try really hard to spend some time for myself this summer. So, without further ado, here is my top 10:

10.  Getting a massage!  Back in November, I bought a gift card to the spa I go to.  They had a special where you could buy a $100 massage for $50.  I already have my appointment scheduled!!


9.  Couponing!  I am an extreme couponer, but after being sick most of the 2012-2013 school year, I had to "let it go" somewhat this school year.  I spend my summers preparing for an apocalypse.  LOL! 



8.  Family time!  My parents got a new Yorkie pup a few months ago and my brother and his wife just had a baby!  I know I'll be making lots of trips to see them this summer! We'll be having many cookouts and get-togethers!



7.  Work out & continue to be active!  I love working out.  I especially love Turbo Kick.  I am certified to teach it but sadly, I will not be taking or teaching it, as I have a deteriorating disc and a dislocated disc in my back.  Turbo really flares it up and after spending 9 weeks at a chiropractor and paying lots of co-pays, it's just not worth it.  I do enjoy running and lifting, so I'll be continuing those.


6.  Chilling at the pool!  I die for a pool in the summer.  I would literaly be happy with a bucket of water in my backyard.  Growing up, we moved a lot and most of the houses we built had big, beautiful pools.  Guess it's safe to say that I was spoiled by them and now I need a pool close to me on the reg!  Here's where I'll be poolin' it up this summer:


5.  Working...some...Like I said above, it's impossible for me NOT to work!  I'll be updating my store and creating a few new great products!  I love blogging and creating,so it's fun!  You'll find me sitting here on rainy days:



4.  Reading!  I have a hard time focusing on a book.  Especially if there is a phone or computer nearby!  My goal is to read more this summer, because I used to enjoy it...way back before TpT and blogging!  I have several new books that I want to read, including Emily Giffin's new one!  *Does anyone else LOVE her books!?


3.  Catching up with friends!  Most of my very best friends are teachers, so naturally we hardly see each other during the year!  It stinks, but it makes summer so much more fun!  My bestie Amy and I talk a lot through the week but only get to hang once a month or something ridic.  We spend a lot of time in the summers together!  My other two close friends live in Columbus, so I'll be traveling there to see them!!! I am also going to be visiting my blogging buddy, Jessica and hopefully {fingers crossed}, Squirrels!  





 2.  Enjoying adult beverages outside!  I am not a big drinker, but in the summer heat, I love me some Skinny girl Margarita!  Or Summer Shandy.  Or Bud light Lime!  Really, anything citrus, I'm all over it!



1. Vegas and Florida!  I love spending time with my husband.  We especially  LOVE to travel together. Seriously.  We go every chance we get.  You can read about this past year's travels here.  This summer, we are going to Vegas again!  We've been there twice, but only for a few days each time.  This year, we'll be there for over a week!  My husband is a financial advisor and his national convention is out there!  I'll be relaxing at a pool with a swim-up bar while he attends lots of meetings!  I'm sad that I will miss the TpT conference by 2 weeks, though!  We also travel to Florida a lot and are hoping to get there again this summer.



You can follow my summer fun on Instagram!  Click to follow @mrswheeler44!



So.....what are your summer plans!?  Link up!
xo
Megan



6 comments:

Literacy Without Worksheets said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow on your couponing!!! I'm so not good at coupons! I got a gift certificate for a massage for Mother's Day and am going to redeem it this week :) Enjoy your summer!!!!

Bridget
Literacy Without Worksheets

The Sassy Apple said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

AHH! Your couponing is SO great! I used to go hard at it for awhile but then I just stopped. I'd love to start up again. I am so on board with pretty much all of your to-dos : ) Congrats on being an Aunt!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love it that your an extreme couponer. I always tell my husband I could stand to learn a few tricks from gals like you!!

Jamie

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm sad that I will miss you in Vegas! Some time we will meet instead of just google chat!
Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Carol Davis said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We have lots of summer goals in common- I am finding that on lots of these linkies I am reading! We all want to read, exercise, and spend time with family!
I have really been thinking about having some get- togethers with my school friends every two weeks or so. My besties are also teachers so I am like you- we miss each other in the summer!
Have fun on your trip!

Carol
Teachers Are Terrific!

Megan Baker said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I L.O.V.E. Emily Giffin! Her newest book is on my list for the summer too! It looks like u and I share the same taste in books AND the same first name ;) I am happy to be your newest follower!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!