Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Day!!!

Where has this month gone!?  I am gearing up for Valentine's Day by getting everything ready!  I have my students' gifts ready and I've printed and laminated all of my Valentine's Day center activities.

This year, I picked up a few goodies from the dollar store, Michael's, and Target and put together treat bags. How cute are the little mustache and lips lollipop accessories!?  My kids will love them!




I also made my firsties these water bottles!  They are going to enjoy them during our party!  I am a water freak, so these are only appropriate!  I made some editable tags in case you'd like to make some for your classroom!  Click here to snag a set for free!


My centers are prepped and ready to go!  I photographed a few of my favorites to share with you!

1.   Sweet Spin-Students spin, tally, answer questions, and graph!  Simple enough!


2.  Number Patterns-This is such a tricky concept; to practice, students match the rule with the number pattern.  This is great practice and I always include a number pattern activity in my weekly Math tubs.  


 3.  Sentence Scramble-Always an important skill for emergent readers and writers!  



4.  Broken-This is a sight word game where all cards are placed in a bag and students draw a card, read it, and say it aloud in a sentence.  If they get a "broken" card, all their cards go back into the bag!  The anticipation always kills the kids!  This activity comes with an optional recording sheet. 




5.  Subtraction Facts-Use these to play races, or take turns drawing a card and solving the facts!  A little rote drill never hurt 'nobody!  



6.  Blend Sort-Sort the blends by r-blends or l-blends.  Write them on the provided recording sheet and use some in sentences. 



7.  Number Bonds-Match the number bond to it's missing addend.  



All the activities and lots more are included in my "Be Mine, Valentine" center pack.  I hope you will take a look!

xo
Megan

2 comments:

Kelly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, you are so far ahead of me! I haven't done one thing to get ready for next week. we are right in the middle of conferences this week and I haven't even had time to think about it. your pack looks terrific!
Kelly
I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

Cindy Calenti said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are some great valentine activities. I think the water bottles are perfect... so much better than having parents send in sugary drinks to go along with all the sugary treats. Talk about hyper!
Cindy
Granny Goes to School

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!