Monday, June 25, 2012

Magnetic Letters

I like to keep my student materials extremely organized so my kids know where to find things and put them away.  It also helps cut back on wasted time.  One way I keep some of my word work materials organized is by organizing my magnetic letters.  The caddy that I use is easy to grab and use during guided reading or intervention.  I purchased this at Michael's several years ago.  I use cookie sheets that are from the Dollar Tree.  They are small and good for little hands.
Open 
See-through lid
One activity that I like to have students do with the magnetic letters and cookie sheets is practice spelling their sight words.  I created these mats so I could easily differentiate word lists based on student need. These mats are color-coded so you can do the same.  I have two sets available: Fry's first 100 words and Fry's second 100 words.  Sight word mats make a simple, minimal-prep center all year long! Click one of the pictures to be taken directly to my store!







 xo
Megan






3 comments:

Wolfelicious said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I do the same thing for my letters.

April
Wolfelicious

Lisa R. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's a great idea for letter organization!! Your cookie sheet words looks great!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Miss Trayers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great idea! A very easy way to keep them organized!

NotJustChild'sPlay

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!