Monday, October 31, 2011

Just in time for Halloween!

Each Friday, instead of our traditional writing workshop lesson, my students and I do an art project.  Last Friday, we made these fun pumpkins!!  We also wrote about how to carve a pumpkin, which is included in my Halloween writing pack, shown below.



Materials
-orange construction paper
-crayons
-red, orange, yellow tempera paints
-black, white, yellow construction paper scraps
-scissors
-glue



Show students how to draw a large oval for their pumpkin on their big orange paper.  Show them how to draw ridges on their pumpkins.  Give tables cups of red, orange, yellow paints.  Show students they can mix the colors however they would like.  Once dry, cut out pumpkins and add faces! Great fun!!!  *This idea was found on an art blog somewhere! Let me know if it was yours so I can give you the credit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!