Saturday, April 2, 2022

Spring Things

Happy Spring!  I'm sure you are in the final stretch of the school year (GASP!) by now...Speaking of, where did the time go?  It's been quite a year for all of us and I'm sure you, like me, are anxiously awaiting summer break.  To help you get through the spring season, I've rounded up some of my favorite spring activities.  Enjoy!

I love starting with a little background info about spring.  We usually watch a Brain Pop Jr. video, read a book or two, and create this "Spring Mini Book."  My procedure for the mini book is as follows: color, cut, staple, trick/sight word hunt, echo read, and choral read.  




Another introductory activity that we do (once students have background knowledge about spring) is making this "Goodbye, Winter/Hello Spring" anchor chart.  They love my amazing art skills, too.  Hahahaha!  


There are a few adorable spring art projects that my kids enjoy.  First is this rainy day duck.  I have them write about what they like to do on a rainy day prior to completing the craft.




This spring parts of speech sort is fun for a literacy center or to use for playing "Memory" as a class.  It includes three separate sorts (nouns, verbs, adjectives) and recording sheets for each.




This spring rhyming match also makes for an easy and fun literacy center.  I've incorporated so much rhyming practice in this year and it has made a huge difference!  


I love Doodlebugs Teaching "Spring Directed Drawings."  They are so simple and allow you to incorporate all different types of art supplies (depending on time, of course!).  Some years my kids paint their pieces, other years they color with crayons.  These spring bugs get lots of compliments by passersby!  




Happy Spring!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!