Sunday, April 24, 2022

Silent E

 We've just begun practicing silent e during Phonics time.  I have a plethora of resources to incorporate into instruction and independent practice.  Today's post is dedicated to sharing those resources with you!  Some of my photos are old, so excuse the poor quality!  All of the activities mentioned in this blog post are linked for you!

To introduce silent e (vowel-e syllable) words, I use this cute poem.  I model how a closed syllable word becomes a v-e syllable word.  We use my mats to organize our words.  I placed mine in sheet protectors.  Students use a dry erase marker and eraser for this, and I model on the board with my silent e wand.

We love watching this Silent E video on YouTube.  It's a favorite year after year!







During small group practice, my kids use these Silent E Blending Cards.  They are also fantastic for partner work.  We play "Quiz Quiz Trade" with them as part of our Phonics instruction.


Literacy centers focused on silent e include word building matssorts, games, stamping, magnetic letter mats, and more.





These silent e word family strips make great independent or partner practice.

All of the activities mentioned in this blog post are linked for you!  I hope you found some helpful ideas!

xo

Megan 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!