Wednesday, April 29, 2020

End of the Year Gift

The end of the year is nearing, although it doesn't feel quite right.  The excitement of those last few weeks has been torn away from us and our students.  Those moments we work so hard for all year?  Gone.  Although it's heartbreaking, time will heal.

One thing that has really helped me get through being away from school and my students has keeping in touch and emotionally supporting them.  Weekly ZOOM calls, phone calls, and notes home have occupied my time.  I also communicate via BLOOMZ and email.

I have been thinking ahead to May 24, which is our last day of school.  Usually, I send home my "Summer to Second Grade" work packets, a Junie B. Jones book, personalized letters to each student, a personalized book mark, and a few school supplies.  I am going to try my best to send this things to students this year, but it will look different.  I'll be sending my "Summer to Second Grade" work pack via email.  I'll be mailing out personalized letters to each child along with a personalized bookmark and lots of student pictures that I had taken throughout the year.  Sending a Junie B. Jones book won't be possible this year, as I would have to spend $60 in shipping alone.  However, the most treasured part of the end of the year gift bag is always the personalized letter and bookmark.  I usually give these items out during the final day of school because I love watching their reactions as they read their letters.  Although I won't get to watch them open their letters this year, I will be able to devote more time and thought into each one.  I won't be rushed like normal.  I won't be anxiously awaiting to cross "write student letters" and "make student bookmarks" off my ever-growing to-do list.  Silver lining.





If you're looking for a summer review pack, take a look below.  It covers a ton of skills for both Math and ELA that are typically taught in first grade.






Hang in there, friends.
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!