Saturday, March 9, 2019

Weekly Centers February 27

Hello!  I am a bit behind with my weekly centers blog post.  And to be honest, we didn't get to centers much at all last week because my student teacher had to film herself teaching for three days (It's a requirement in Ohio) and our schedule was all crazy!  Nonetheless, here are the centers we worked on last two weeks (which really should only have taken us one week).  I'll be back again Wednesday to share the centers we are working on next week!  Everything is linked for you below.

Stamping with Blends I use the Wilson Fundations Phonics Program to teach Phonics.  It's seriously amazing!  However, I want my kids to have some additional practice with the skills they are learning in class.  Last summer, I created a giant game/activity bundle to go with the first grade Fundations program.  This stamping page is from the bundle, as are many of my centers.  I have each unit, or chapter of my Fundations games listed in my store separately, but I also have them bundled to save you money and time.  I'm listing the bundle for you below.

The stamp pads and stamps that I use for any type of stamping activity are listed below.  Lakeshore truly has the best ink pads (in my opinion).  They are pricey, but well worth it.  They are washable and they don't dry out.  I got my abc stamps from Amazon years ago (link below).

Please Note: *This file is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. Wilson®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.







Listening Center:  I love the listening center and so do my students!  It's great for them to hear fluent reading!  It's also important that they hear/read books for enjoyment.  We talk at them so much each day.  The listening center is a MUST in every K-2 classroom!  We enjoyed listening to There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover.  After students listen to the story, they complete a simple recording sheet, which is just having them write the title and drawing a picture of their favorite part.  The report is a *freebie* in my store and is linked below.






Blends Board Game:  As mentioned above, I do use many games/activities from my Fundations activity/game pack.  This is another activity from that pack.  The kids played  this "Read and Race" board game to practice their blends.  Don't use Fundations, but looking for blends activities???  Click HERE to check out my blends pack!!  



Spring Rhyming:  This is a new product of mine.  I have a rhyming activity for each season as well as a bundle of all of them to save you time and money.  For this center, kids matched the rhyming cards in a pocket chart and completed the recording sheet by writing the rhyming words side by side.  They also colored the pictures. 




Sentence Scramble Again, working from our Unit 9 Fundations game/activity pack.  This is a sentence scramble.  Each week, we have a sentence scramble center.  I have a black pocket chart that stays up on the wall all year (with Command Hooks) and the kids do their scrambles over there.  Once they unscramble the sentences, they write them on the provided paper.  *The Fundataions scrambles are great, because all words are 100% decodable to that point in the year or they are sight words. 







PS: Here's a common question I get asked: Do I grade center work?  No I do not.  I don't even look at it because I am meeting with a small group at my table.  The kids know they better be working and their work better look nice.  If not, they stay in from recess the following day to do it correctly.  It's rarely a problem.  #highexpectations

xo
Megan


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!