Thursday, March 7, 2019

St. Patrick's Day

Hi!  Today's post is all about some of my favorite St. Patrick's Day activities!!!  These are activities that I typically do throughout the month of March.  I hope you find some new ideas!  I will link everything.  You can access each product by clicking on their corresponding cover pages.  Enjoy!  

Shamrock Floats: This is hands down my favorite thing to do with my kids on or around St. Patrick's Day!  All you need are cups, spoons, straws, lime sherbet, Sprite, and whipped cream/cherries.  The last two ingredients are optional.  Some years I use them, some years I don't!  We like to write about the steps to make the floats prior to making them.  Super fun!!!!







St. Patrick's Day Mini-Book:  I love using a mini-book on/around a holiday.  It's also a great excuse to get our markers out!  This St. Patrick's Day book is perfect for giving kids a quick and age-appropriate explanation of the holiday.  You can snag it by itself or grab my bundle of all my holiday mini-books.






Silly McGilly:  Sometimes this silly fellow makes an appearance (similar to the Christmas elf who comes by in December)!  I typically only put Silly out the day of St. Patrick's Day, but you can definitely do it longer!!  He can play tricks on the class or leave them treats.




Loopy Leprechauns: This is such a cute little craft!  It's also super-simple!  The craft patterns are FREE from The First Grade Parade.  *She includes a writing page, but I made my own since I like my kids to have a mid-line.  When we do this craft, I like to read "Lucky Tucker," which is a cute book you can order below.




Tissue Paper Rainbows: This is my top 2 favorite craft of the year (Thanksgiving Pilgrims are #1)!  These rainbows make a cheery display and can stay up all spring.  The making of them is also excellent fine motor practice!  To make, cut squares (or purchase...link below) rainbow colors of tissue paper.  Place into baskets.  Print the pattern for the rainbow, simply Google "rainbow" picture or "rainbow pattern."  I can not share mine because it's from a Mailbox Magazine book years ago and sharing it would be copyright infringement.  Kids begin by coloring their rainbow with appropriate colors of crayons or makers.  Next, they add the tissue squares, one at a time, with the eraser end of a new pencil.  The goal is to have them make their rainbows really full...the fuller the better!  Let dry.  Cut out rainbows (I usually cut them for the kids).  Hang up for a beautiful display!!





Skittles Treats:  I always give my kids these treats!  You can buy a big bag of Skittles or buy snack sized bags and slap my free labels on them!  These are always on the kids' desks on St. Patrick's Day morning.



Leprechaun Number Grid: This was purchased off TPT.  I am not exactly sure who it is from, but click HERE to check a bunch of different ones out!!! 


St. Patrick's Day Centers: The week of St. Pat's, we will be having all St. Patty's Day centers!   The two shown below (not the listening center, obviously) are part of my "Leprechaun Pack" that I linked at the top of this post.





Green BINGO:  This is super old.  I have no idea where I got it, but click HERE to look at some other options for St. Patrick's Day BINGO!!!  



We also play "St. Patrick's Day I Have, Who Has!"  This is a great game!  Perfect for building vocabulary.  I have this available for individual purchase or as part of a bundle with all my holiday "I Have, Who Has" games.



xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!