Sunday, August 26, 2018

Classroom Tour

Hello!  Today's blog post is my classroom tour!  I have been back to school two weeks now.  My room only took about a day and a half to set up.  I had my mom here to help me.  This was our 15th year to set up the room together!  She's such a life-saver and can knock out any task quickly! 

This is the front of my desk.  The buses represent the homework club.  Each kid has a bus with their name on it.  They all begin the quarter with their bus on the desk.  If they forget their homework, they get their bus removed. 


This is the carpet area.  We meet there for morning meeting, read-aloud, Math talks, and more.  The bookshelf wasn't here before this year but I'm really liking having it so far! 


The bulletin board is where I post any behavior posters/reminders.  We are a PBIS school and I make tons of visuals that I hang up. 


This white board is another spot to hang behavior posters.  It's magnetic. 


This is the computer area that my kids use for Xtra Math and ABC Mouse.  Each morning, I choose two kids to be on one of the programs when they come in.  The kids know that when it's their day to be on computer, they don't have to do their morning work papers.  Woo Hoo!  Haha! 


Now we come to my favorite area of the room: the library/word wall.  I got some new bins this year from Lakeshore Learning.  I have my books sorted by category.  You can find the library labels HERE.  The word wall was a labor of love last year.  My mom and I (well mostly my mom hahaha) put it up last year.  We used ribbon as the dividers. 



These tubs hold all of my monthly centers/art projects/games/etc...I only keep seasonal items in here.  The file boxes are from Office Depot.  I have had them for many years.  Overall they have held up but a few have cracked. 


This is my small group table.  Behind it is lots of storage!  This year, my student teacher is sitting there and using it as her "desk." 


Here is the front board.  The calendar is from Creative Teaching Press.  On the board, I have my classroom helpers, my noise level lights, a movement word of the day poster, the date, and our classroom hand signal signs. 


This is the pencil area and morning work container.  When the kids come in each day, they grab their morning work and get started.  **The kids also get one pencil per day.  They are not allowed to use the sharpener; only adults! 


This is the bookcase inside the door.  I keep my crayon sorter, Math games, kindness notes, tissues, wipes, and sanitizer. 




Here's my mailbox system.  I used binder clips to number them.  The clips/stickers have lasted many, many years!  I believe the mailbox system is from Really Good Stuff. 



This is where I keep my teacher read-aloud books.  The kids are not allowed to touch the books.  To see a list of some of my favorite read-aloud books, click HERE.   


Get ready to be jealous!  This is the sink area.  I love having a sink in my room.  I wash my hands constantly, lol.  The kids use the drinking fountain in the room. 



 Storage!  Skill boxes!



Isn't my mom so cute!?



xo
Megan 

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this is awesome! thanks for sharing

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!