Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday 6 July 28

Hi, friends!  It's been awhile since I did a "Sunday 6" post so I figured today was the day to get one up!  I hope your summer has been amazing!  I have surely loved every minute of mine!  We are just about to the end of summer here (not the severe heat and humidity that is the Mid-West) and school will be starting before we know it.  Today's post is 6 random things from the past several weeks!  Enjoy!


 Back in June, I received my first "Teacher Care Crate."  I had seen this floating around Instagram and was curious.  Let's just say I was super impressed with my box!  I love that most things included are hand made and from small businesses.  I have already used everything from my June box!   The iced tea was delicious!  The scrunchie comes in super handy!  I gave the pencil pouch to a friend for her birthday.  If you are interested in checking out the TCC for yourself, simply click HERE.  It's a great little gift to yourself (or a friend/coworker). 



I have spent some time this summer updating things in my TPT store, as well as making new things.  I had a request to add a few more choices to my "Early Finisher Board" so I went ahead and did it.  If you own this already, you'll want to re-download to get the new choices!  If you don't own this, you NEED IT!  It's such a simple classroom management tool that tells students what to do when they finish their work early.  Click the cover below to check it out.  This is quickly becoming a best-seller in my store!! 



Mr. Wheeler and I have been taking a few bike rides this summer.  The weather has been super hot or rainy here in the Mid-West, but we've managed to get a few good rides in!  Here we are halfway through our 20 mile ride.  We stopped and had a beer and pretzel after the ride was finished!  So fun!




 Grilling is one of my favorite parts of summer!  I made some potatoes/carrots the other night that were to die for (recipe compliments of my Mother in Law).  I wanted to share it with you bc it is super easy to do and makes a great side!  Simply wash and slice a baked potato.  Slice baby carrots.  Place in a baking dish.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.  Sprinkle butter pieces around.  Cover with foil.  Bake 350 for 90 minutes.  You are not going to believe how yummy these are!!!!!  I am making them again tonight and can hardly wait! 


Last week, Mr. Wheeler had a client meeting in Michigan, near one of our favorite places, Ann Arbor.  We drove up to visit his clients and we had some time to go to our favorite places.  Below are a few photos from our trip! 




 
We use whiteboards and markers every day during our Fundations Phonics block.  For the last two years, it seemed like my kids were going through the markers like crazy...no matter how many directions I gave.  The tips would be pushed down, lids left off, etc...Finally this summer I decided I was going to do the Great Whiteboard Marker Challenge!  I purchased this little pack off TpT.  I will be labeling each marker with a number sticker (round dot stickers).  ((I number my kids' cubbies and mailboxes so their numbers will match))  I printed and laminated the TpT pack.  I'll hang these in a pocket chart or place magnets on the back and put on my whiteboard...haven't decided yet.  When someone loses or ruins their marker, their cutout comes down.  Anyone who has their marker at the end of the quarter gets to eat lunch with me (or gets a special treat, depending on how  many kids there are).  I think this is REALLY going to help!!!

Have a great week!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!