Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday 6 January 13

Happy Sunday!  I hope you all had a wonderful week back to work!  My week was great, but I was sick with a three-day-long sinus headache.  Boo!  Glad to be feeling better now.  Have a wonderful week!  Hope some of you get a snow day!

We celebrated my birthday at school last week and I had shared on Instagram that I love this robe but wasn't going to pay the price for it.  Well, my teammates saw my InstaStory and pooled their money together to get me THE ROBE!!!!!!!  It is soo warm and soo cozy.  I wish you could jump through the computer and feel it!  It's over-sized and super long and has two large pockets.  It also has two belt loop options to help accommodate your height!  I have linked this beauty below for you in case you want to treat yourself.  You won't regret it!



My parents gave me a gift card for my birthday and I had been wanting a warm and long-enough throw/blanket for my chair.  I had my eye on this Ugg Ana blanket, but like the robe, I didn't want to pay the money.  I bit the bullet and ordered one and just like my robe, I am OBSESSED!!!!!  So warm.  So cozy.  It's 50-70 so it's long enough to cover me from head to toe.  I am 5.6" tall.  I've also linked the throw/blanket below for you.



During Literacy Centers last week, we had some with a New Years theme!  This common and proper noun sort was great review.  *sorting cards not pictured*  You can check out the center pack that this activity came from by clicking the cover below.





As I mentioned in my last post, we were easing back into things this past week.  I managed to squeeze in a winter art project and they turned out so cute!  We read Snowballs by Lois Ehlert and then made these winter cardinals!  The idea for this project was inspired by THIS POST over at I Heart Crafty Things' blog.  Grab the Snowballs book below!





Have you heard of "Kindergarten Crate?"  It is a monthly subscription box created for teachers!  With your subscription, you'll receive a themed box each month.  Inside the box you will get: a grade-specific read aloud book, a student activity, classroom supplies, and a teacher gift (woo hoo!).  KC can be purchased one time, in a 6 month subscription, or in a 12 month subscription.  The gals at KC recently added a pre-kinder box and a 1st grade box.  When I saw they had a 1st grade box, I knew I had to have a subscription!!  Our days are full of box curriculum and the Kindergarten Crate will provide more fun for us.  I plan on opening future boxes with my kids to build excitement!

The Kindergarten Crate is shipped on the third week of each month.  The box you get is intended to be used the following month.  For example, the third week of December, the box below was shipped.  It's the January box and is meant to be used in your classroom this month, as it features an arctic theme. Speaking of the January box, let's take a look inside! 

Disclosure: I received my subscription in exchange for marketing.  However, all opinions about the Kindergarten crate are my own.   


Here's a shot of the box.  The teacher gift(s) this month are those amazing Papermate pencils.  I use them all the time!  Also included is a super fun "Do You Want To Have a Snow Day?" winter hat!  I see wearing that in my near future!  I just know the kids will love seeing me wear it for recess duty!



First up we have an adorable penguin notepad.  Who doesn't need one of these?!!? Perfect for writing notes home on!


Next is an awesome Let's Read and Find Out Science book about Polar Bears.  I love these Science books so much!  Also included are directions for a directed drawing of a polar bear as well as a little writing activity.  I love that the construction paper is included, too!!!


Here comes some great fun!  Instant snow!  This will be a blast for both the kids and the teachers!  Included is a lesson plan, instant snow mix (2 bags), trays, a thermometer, and some fun arctic animal figures to play with in the snow!


And who doesn't love mini erasers?  These will be perfect to use as maninpulatives for Math or BINGO games during the month of January!!


I am so excited to do these activities with my first graders!  I hope you'll take some time to look at the KC website.  What an amazing idea!  Thank you, Kindergarten Crate!!

The first graders in our building are having a friendly little competition about learning to tie our shoes!  This idea was found online by our teammate, Chelsey.  The kids have really been practicing and so far we have 




It's been a snowy weekend here in Ohio!  We are up to about 6 inches by now.  We haven't had a significant snow storm like this in a while!  Mr. Wheeler and I have been relaxing with some Netflix and I've been working on the computer while he shovels.  Not a bad gig, right?!  I am wondering if we will have school tomorrow or have a delay.  My district was at 7 inches the last I saw.  We don't have a lot of city resources where I work, so I'm betting the plows can't keep up.  Fingers crossed for a snow day!!!!!!!!  Speaking of snow days, how cute is this shirt by Missy LuLu's Custom Apparel?!!  I have ordered from Missy LuLu's in the past and can attest that her tees are great quality!  She  also offers free shipping on all orders!   If you teach in a state where you get snow, you for sure need a snow day t-shirt!  I can't wait to wear mine to school this week!  I'm also looking forward to grabbing a Valentine tee from Missy LuLu's next month!  









Disclosure: I received my t-shirt in exchange for marketing.  However, all opinions about Missy LuLu's are my own.   


xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!