Monday, April 18, 2016

End of the Year Ideas

With the end of the year quickly approaching, I wanted to take some time to do a post about a few things I do to keep the kids engaged!  We are down below 30 days left now and I can hardly believe it!  This year, it will finally work out where we get our FULL summer!  We had a mild winter here in Ohio and do not have any snow days to make up.  It's been years since that happened.  I've included hyper-links to anything that is available for download.

Summer Sun Craft & Acrostic Poem FREEBIE-This is a great little end of the year craft.  It's so simple but the kids LOVE it!  It really adds cheer to your classroom or hallway.  Grab the free poem and/or writing paper below.






Summer Countdown Chain and Daily Activities-This is a fun way to count down your final days of school!  Included are pre-made chains with simple activities for each day.  A few other goodies are included, like writing prompts to correlate and an ABC countdown to send home.  Fun Fun!



Cruisin' To Second Grade Craft & Writing-This craft is from Jennifer of First Grade Blue Skies. It's such a cute little activity to do at the end of the year.  We like writing our favorite memories on the provided writing paper.




Poetry Cafe-Poetry is one of my favorite units to teach during the year!  Our culminating activity is our annual Poetry Cafe!  It's a wonderful celebration where we invite parents to listen to us read our poetry.  We also have donuts and coffee and milk.  All the information about it is in my Poetry Unit, found below.  You can also see prior cafe posts HERE.




I Have, Who Has Game FREEBIE- The kids really enjoy playing these games!  This is a freebie in my store.  It has a summer theme.  These games make fun and engaging time-fillers when you have a few extra minutes to fill.



End of Year Memory Book -This is a great activity for the last few days of the year.  It includes covers for K-2.  The writing pages inside are easy for students to complete on their own, which is nice if you need some time to work in your classroom on the last day!





Summer-themed Centers-I like having centers that are themed by holiday or season.  This is the time of year when I pull out my Summer Centers for my kids.  




Partner Plays-These partner plays from A Teeny Tiny Teacher are fantastic!  I put them out and the kids can get with a partner and practice.  They are obsessed with them.



Hope you found some new ideas for spring/summer!  Enjoy!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!