Friday, July 19, 2013

Campus Book Rentals

Hi everyone!

Recently I had the opportunity to check out a sweet website called, Campus Book Rentals.  It's one of the fastest growing companies in the country!  This is a site dedicated to renting out books.  I certainly wish there would have been something like this when I was in college!  I think of how costly college books were and I could have saved my parents a fortune!  Renting your books can save you up to 90%!

On the homepage of the site, there is a great video tutorial which tells you how the system works.  I recommend watching that first.  Also, there is a search bar where you can type in the title of the book you are looking for.  Various editions and options pop up and you are given the choice of how long you'd like to rent a book for.  Options include: 55 days, 85 days, and 130 days.  I also love that you can choose how soon you need your books to arrive!  If you're in no rush, you can opt for 7-14 day shipping for free!  Don't worry...if you're in a bind and need a book asap, next day service is available!  If you decide to drop the class or don't need your book, you can send it back within 30 days for a full refund!

Are you a highlighter or text marker?  Don't worry because you can MARK OR HIGHLIGHT in the book! What!?  Incredible.

After the rental term is up, simply send the book back in the pre-paid envelope that arrives with your rental. There's a 15-day grace period so in case you need to keep it a bit longer, you won't be penalized!  You can also choose to extend your rental period.  So awesome!

I found this site can be helpful particularly for college students, but it will also benefit teachers working on their Master's or continuing education.  Also, it is perfect for those wanting to read a new book.  We know that books we read professionally can cost an arm and a leg and most of the time we are buying them on our own dollar.  This is a great alternative to purchasing a book for professional read.

Another feature I found on the site is the Rent Back section.  It's a new program where you can rent out books that they've previously purchased!  You begin by searching your book title to see what it's worth. You actually end up getting 2-4x more money back than if you did a buyback in a store.  Again, why wasn't this type of thing an option for me 15 years ago!?!

I hope you will take a moment to check out the site!  You're going to love it!  I was very impressed with what I saw!


Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!