Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Quick Checks/Exit Slips

Last summer, I created my Math Quick Checks/Exit Slips.  I have been using them in my room for a year now and have to say that I love the ease of them!  I can quickly gather data on how my students are progressing in all Common Core State Standards areas.  With multiple assessments for each standard/skill, I can re-test to see how the children have grown.  Last year, I decided to create Reading Foundational Skills Quick Checks/Exit Slips and I love them just as much as I do the Math ones!  Assessment in Phonics is always tricky, because a lot of it is observation and most of the hard assessing has to be done one-on-one. Well, ain't nobody got time for that with all the other shenanigans we have to do, so that's when these RFS Quick Checks/Exit Slips come into play!  They are meant to be administered whole-group and can be completed in under 5 minutes!  Quick and dirty.  My kind of assessment.  I have had the Language Quick Checks/Exit Slips on my to-do list for some time now, and let me tell ya-I've been crossing things off my list this summer like it's nobody's business!  I've been very productive and still had time for family, friends, and myself!  I can't believe it.  I think I finally have a good system down!



I hope you'll take a minute to check out these little assessments.  *I bundled them for a discounted rate.*  I know you'll love them as much as I do! For more assessment ideas, click HERE. 







Don't forget to follow me via social media by clicking the buttons below!





xo
Megan 

2 comments:

Teacher and Life Long Learner said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yes, I ditto your commentary on Exit Slips. Powerful tools. Smiles and stop by anytime!

Amy B said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are great and are well worth the money! Easy way to gather evidence in my classroom!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!