Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Veterans Day

Is it me are the months of October-February jam-packed with holidays and special days?! I mean seriously. It's hard to keep up!  Just when Halloween ends, it's time for conferences, Election Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving.  I love incorporating holidays and special days into my lesson plans!

While looking through my Veterans Day file at work last week, I noticed that I did not have a whole lot.  I like to have enough activities to fill most of the Friday prior to a Monday holiday.  I think it's important that kids know why we have the day off.  I got to work and made a little Veterans Day pack.  It's a similar format to my Earth Day, Johnny Appleseed Day, Fire Safety, and Labor Day packs...just enough to teach the concept with some fun games/activities, writing pages, and a mini-reader.  My Veterans Day pack also includes a simple poppy craft.  My kids will be painting the poppies and attaching the poem.

I've teamed up with my friends Mrs. Cupcake and Miss Kindergarten for Veterans Day.  We'll each be giving away the items below to one lucky reader!  Just fill out the rafflecopter to enter!  Good luck! Winner announced Sunday, November 3!



xo
Megan


a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comments:

Mrs D said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You may be interested in My Emergent Reader and worksheet pack as well if you're planning a whole day! They were designed for Remembrance Day here in Canada, but it's the same holiday with a different name. http://readingwithmissd.blogspot.ca/

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!