Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday & Surprise!

Hey everyone! Can it be Tuesday already???  I hope everyone had a fun weekend!  We were busy!  We had a Dave Matthews Band concert and then a birthday party.  Below are a few snapshots from our nights!

DMB
Hubby & I 
Teaching Bestie & I 
Anyhow, today is Tasty Tuesday!  Tonight's recipe is another simple one!  Kabobs again! I am obsessed with them.  So easy.  This one is one my awesome mother in law, June, taught me!!!

Ingredients:
Steak
Chicken
Olive oil
Apple cider vinegar
Dry Italian seasoning/dressing packets {2}
Veggies
Skewers

Directions:
Cut up chicken and steak and place in a gallon ziplock with some olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and 1 pack of dry Italian seasoning.

Cut up veggies and do the same {this time use only 1/2 of the second pack of dry Italian seasoning}.

If you like mushrooms, put them in another bag with the remainder of the seasonings and some more olive oil and vinegar.

Marinade all bags in fridge.  The longer, the more flavor.

About 30 minutes prior to cooking, place skewer sticks in a pan of water to soak them.  This helps prevent the food from sticking to them and major burning.

Put meat and veggies on skewers.  I keep mushrooms on a seperate skewer b/c they don't take as long as the meat skewers.  Enjoy!



So speaking of BBQ, I've spend the entire day {and many hours other days} updating my "Back to School BBQ pack...it was one of the first things I made when I first started selling last summer so I knew it needed a face-lift.  I've changed fonts, graphics, and added more activities!  If you bought this, PLEASE re-download!!!  You will be happy!  Those of you that haven't seen it or purchased it, I'm putting it on sale {20% off} for the next 24 hours!  It's a great pack {117 pages!!!} for the beginning of the year.  Skills like sight words, syllables, short vowels, number words, number order, and LOTS MORE are included. Click the cover below to take a closer look.  I'm getting ready to print the newly revised version out {because I am ocd like that} and laminate!!!




xo
Megan 

3 comments:

Amber O. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

those kabobs look delish, and so does that super cute packet! Ive never done a B2S BBQ thing before...I always do an ice cream social, so I'll have to go check it out!
BTW, thanks so much (but my wallet doesn't thank u!) for turning me onto a new jewelry resource the other day! Those necklaces are soooo pretty, and the discount code was much appreciated!
SynonymRolls&AntonymMoments

Mrs. Leeby said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am obsessed with DMB! Love your kabobs and product! xo

Irene
Learning With Mrs. Leeby

Glindathgd said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so excited to try this kabob recipe when we go to the cabin next month!! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!