Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tasty Tuesday!

Hi everyone!  I hope those are you that are on summer break are enjoying yourselves! I know that I am!  Tonight I am bringing to you a new weekly post called "Tasty Tuesday."  More about it in a minute...

                                                   

At the end of the school year, I like to set goals for my summer.  It helps me feel productive all summer and gives me an accomplished feeling when I've met my goals.  With how my blogging and creating has picked up over the year, I haven't had much time for cooking.  I do enjoy to cook but I don't enjoy the time it takes to shop for and prepare the food.  That being said, I decided that one of my goals this summer was to cook at least 3 times a week.  On Saturday I got my pen and notepad out and made a list of what I wanted to make this week!  I headed to Meijer and loaded up on my ingredients.

Since I'll be cooking this summer, I thought it would be fun to share some of the foods that I make with you, every Tuesday!  Hence the title, "Tasty Tuesday!"  Each Tuesday I will share a recipe of something I've made during the previous week.  There will also be a printable recipe for you to snag!  *Note: I will eat mostly anything except tomatoes and seafood so don't be looking for anything that calls for those two foods.  Ish!

On the menu tonight: corn flake chicken tenders and crock pot mac n' cheese!  Click here to snag your free, printable recipes!




The verdict of tonight's meal: delicious!  One thing I would change for next time: I would not cover the chicken b/c the corn flakes got a little bit soggy.  Also, I may or may not have boiled the noodles before putting them in the crock pot!  Luckily all the milk and cheesy goodness made up for it and they tasted fully cooked!  So if you're in a rush, no need to boil if you use the tiny elbow macaroni!  Do you like this post?  I would love to hear some feedback.  Thank you!

xo
Megan 

2 comments:

Courtney said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this post. I am always looking for new recipes.

Karen Erhardt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ditto...I love new recipes and always feel like I am in a rut...making the same things over and over! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!